Closed Loop Systems
Cal Supply's Air Fluid Coolers are a completely sealed, closed-loop cooler. As the main cooling section in any closed loop system, the air fluid cooler ensures continuous cooling at the lowest utility cost. Industrial liquid cooled equipment such as air compressors, hydraulic presses, welding machines and furnaces are easily cooled and at the same time kept clean of costly sludge, lime and other typical open system contaminants.
Why Choose a Closed Looped Cooling System?
- Eliminates high city water costs
- Eliminates scaling and corrosion
- Eliminates high treatment and sewage costs
- Low operating costs
- Easy indoor or outdoor installation
- Glycol systems provide freeze protection
- Potential to reclaim waste heat, promoting additional utility savings
- By design, our “AFC” unit will convert costly existing or new water-cooled equipment, to a less-expensive air-cooled mode of operation.
Air Fluid Cooler - Technical Benefits
- High efficiency coil; copper tubes are mechanically expanded into aluminum fins. Tube sheets are aluminum with collars, preventing tube wear due to thermal expansion.
- Coil is tested to 400 PSIG under water.
- Corrosion resistant construction, mill galvanized steel housing with access doors at each fan for inspection. Vent and drain connections are standard.
- 208, 230, 460, 575, Volt all available.
- Weather resistant motors with sealed ball bearings, internal overload protection, shaft slingers and hardware designed for outdoor duty.
- Direct drive propeller fans, providing uniform air distribution and quite efficient operation.
- Optional weather resistant control panel for fan cycling (multiple fan units) constructed to NEMA 3 design (control voltage is 115/60/1 VAC)